The family-friendly Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort in uptown Phoenix is welcoming summer with new menus and dining experiences at its two signature restaurants, Rico’s American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall.
Under the direction of the resort’s new Executive Chef and native Phoenician Rebecca Tillman, guests at Rico’s American Grill can enjoy a reenergized garden-inspired menu. Rico’s features a lush urban garden, expansive outdoor seating and a new menu that celebrates fresh, locally-sourced regional cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fresh herbs and produce picked from the restaurant’s urban garden are incorporated into many dishes as each season allows.
New signature dishes at Rico’s American Grill:
- Squaw Peak Bennie – $14.75, Blue corn biscuit, grilled chorizo, avocado, tomatoes, and adobo hollandaise.
- Squaw Peak Chopped Salad – $13.95, Rico’s garden lettuce, roasted corn, pico de gallo, black beans, avocado, cotija cheese, toasted pumpkin seeds, and chile-lime vinaigrette.
- Farm Burger – $13.50, 8 oz. Arizona black angus beef, heirloom tomato, avocado, arugula, basil goat cheese, Jones Dairy Farm bacon, and fried egg on a golden brioche bun.
- Grilled Salmon – $23.50, Grilled salmon filet, jalapeno polenta, piquillo-lime butter and baby green beans.
At the resort’s historic Hole-in-the-Wall smokehouse BBQ restaurant, slow-cooked meats are long-time favorites on the menu from smoked brisket and St. Louis ribs to roasted chicken and pulled pork. While the slow-cooked favorites will continue, new menu items focus on small plates and lighter entrees that still deliver comfort food goodness.
New summer menu items at Hole-in-the-Wall:
- Fried Green Tomatoes – $8.25, Corn-meal crusted green tomatoes, grilled corn succotash, poblano buttermilk ranch
- Navajo Fry Bread Salad – $10.95, baby lettuce, grilled corn, pico de gallo, black beans, ancho honey vinaigrette served atop traditional fry bread. Add smoked brisket for $4 or roasted chicken for $3.
- Slider Trio – $12.25, one slider each of pulled pork, roasted chicken and chopped brisket.
Executive Chef Rebecca Tillman joined the resort in January, bringing a culinary background that includes working at some of the country’s most prestigious resorts including Destination Kohler – The American Club in Kohler, Wis.; The Inn on Biltmore Estate and The Biltmore Estate in Asheville, N.C.; and the Arizona Biltmore Resort & Spa in Phoenix. Tillman is a graduate of the School of Culinary Arts at The Art Institute of Phoenix.
Rico’s American Grill and Hole-in-the-Wall are located at Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, 7677 North 16th Street in Phoenix. For reservations, call (602) 997-2626.