I recently dinned at Ocean Prime with boyfriend for a date night – the food was delicious and the craft-cocktails were impressive. When you dine here, you will see why Ocean Prime was named “best seafood” restaurant by Arizona Foothills Magazine, AZ Business Magazine and North Valley Magazine. The restaurant just added sushi rolls to their menu to expand on their seafood offering.
One of the cool things about Ocean Prime is that you can dine casually with friends over happy hour or you can get dressed up and have a formal dinner for a date night or special event. The restaurant has several sections, including an outdoor patio area. Another cool tidbit is that the founder, Cameron Mitchell, worked his way up from a bus boy to a national restaurant mogul.
- Jumbo Lump Crab Cake: with Sweet Corn Cream
- Lobster Roll [NEW]: Poached Lobster Tail, Kiwi, Pickled Serrano, Masago, Spicy Mango Purée
- Oysters on the Half Shell: These Fanny Bay Oysters from British Columbia are amazing
- Filet Mignon Oscar Style: Cooked perfectly and topped with asparagus, crab cakes and bearnaise sauce
- Lobster Mashed Potatoes
- Bubbles & Berries Cocktail: Belvedere Cytrus Vodka, Marinated Blackberries, House Made Sour, Domaine Chandon Brut
My boyfriend and I both agreed that the crab cake is the best we have EVER had… and he is a crab cake foodie! We will definitely be back for the crab cakes alone.
If you are looking for a refreshing summer drink, try the cucumber gimlet!
Ocean Prime is open for dinner nightly starting at 5pm. Insider Tip: Enjoy live music Friday & Saturday nights from 6pm to 11pm.
Here’s a fun video of the Bubbles & Berries Cocktail. The presentation for this cocktail is amazing… I highly recommend trying it if you like an occasional sweet cocktail!