This weekend, we had dinner at SaltRock Kitchen at the Amara Resort in Sedona… it was amazing! Chef Keith Hedges prepared an amazing meal and came out to ask us and other guests about our dining experience – a nice personal touch. The menu features traditions of the Southwest and adds a fresh take by using seasonal ingredients from from the Verde Valley. The flavors of both the food and cocktails were exceptional!
I recommend sitting in the outdoor patio area to enjoy the stunning views and luxury outdoor setting. While we dined, we enjoyed the changing lighting of the red rocks as the sun went down. After sunset, the outdoor area was illuminated by beautiful strings of lights.
When you visit, I highly recommend trying the following items:
- Deviled Eggs: Pasilla-maple syrup, bacon onion marmalade, grain mustard
- King Oyster Mushrooms: Smoked pine needle, pine nut gremolata, mexican chocolate
- Beef Barbacoa: Mushrooms, bacon braised black beans, truffled baby parsnips, mole-demi glace
- Flourless Chili Chocolate Torte: Peanuts, peanut butter sauce, bananas
- Heated Affair Cocktail: Tapatio reposado tequila, fresh lemon, hot apple cider, cinnamon stick
The restaurant offers live music Thursday – Sunday night. While we were dining, we enjoyed the sounds of an acoustic guitar. From the moment we walked in to the moment we walked out, we were impressed with the outstanding service, the tasty dishes & craft cocktails and the whimsical ambiance.
If you are looking for an amazing dining experience at a reasonable price with breathtaking views, try SaltRock Kitchen!
SaltRock Southwest Kitchen
100 Amara Lane
Sedona, Arizona, 86336