Tanque Verde Ranch, America’s premier dude ranch, celebrates its 150th anniversary this year with a series of special promotions and new activities for a variety of travelers, including families, couples, and groups.
As one of America’s longest operating cattle and guest ranches, Tanque Verde is known for providing visitors with an authentic experience steeped in rich history, while also introducing new programming and offerings that encourage guests of all ages to return for years to come. Throughout the year, Tanque Verde Ranch has several seasonal packages available, including:
- $150 for the 150th – For stays through August 30, nightly room rates are available for just $150 in honor of the anniversary. The package is based on double occupancy and includes breakfast, with remaining meals and activities available for an additional cost. Click here for more information or to book the special offer.
- Desert in Bloom – Available through May 31, experience the desert in all its springtime glory with flora and fauna nature hikes, sunset cactus walks, wine and painting and 15% off select spring service at the spa. This all-inclusive stay includes meals, supervised kids program, horseback trail riding scheduled breakfast rides and Cowboy Cookouts, as well as unlimited activities from the enhanced schedule. Rates start at $409 per night based on double occupancy. Click here to book.
- A Passion for Prickly Pears – August 17-30 makes for a fun harvest season in the Valley when it’s high time to pick prickly pear cacti. Guests can get in on the action by heading into the Saguaro National Park to help harvest the seasonal fruit, which is in full bloom and not just looks pretty but packs a flavorful punch. Prickly pears are served at the ranch in the signature Prickly Pear Margarita and can also be eaten raw, made into preserves and juiced, all of which will be demonstrated live by the culinary team. All-inclusive double occupancy rates start at $435 per night, and guests can participate in an enhanced activity schedule. Click here to book.
New this year in celebration of the milestone anniversary include:
- Kids Club Horse Painting – The kids club is open for youngsters ages 4-12 with hands-on activities like horse painting. Kids work with a variety of colors to paint the side of a horse with their hands. It washes off easily and acts as a massage for the horse in the meantime, while kids get the chance to get up close and personal with the animals.
- Custom Bike Excursions – With an on-site mountain bike guide catering to riders of all skill levels, excursions now include customized rides with multiple types of terrain and levels of difficulty, both on and off property, exploring the beautiful Ranch area where the landscape is widely diverse – from desert valley riding to wickedly steep mountains in the Rincon Mountains.
- Half- or Full-day Hikes – Guests can venture off property to explore the lush desert and mountains while learning about unique flora, fauna, geology and history from a professional guide. Hikers trek through Saguaro National Park, Sabino Canyon, Mount Lemmon, Tanque Verde Falls, Catalina State Park, Saguaro West/Gates Pass and Madera, with meals provided.
Additional activities include fishing, pickleball, Jeep adventures and more. Amenities include four tennis courts among the towering saguaro and ocotillo, two swimming pools, and more than 150 horses for lessons and rides from sun-up to sunset along miles of private horse trails, winding their way through desert and mountain scenery. Locals are encouraged to come experience the property and all its offerings.
For more information or to book a reservation, please visit www.tanqueverderanch.com or call 800-234-3833.