This summer, Chef Massimo De Francesca of SaltRock Southwest Kitchen in Sedona (located at Kimpton’s Amara Resort & Spa) is hosting a one-of-a-kind, intimate dining series where guests are invited to join him for an afternoon of shopping for ingredients, followed by a cooking class and a three-course luncheon overlooking the red rocks.
On select Sundays in June, July and August, up to 10 guests will cruise over to the local market with Chef Massimo to handpick seasonal ingredients from the Verde Valley and other gourmet items. While shopping, Chef will share insights about each ingredient, as well as cooking tips and tricks.
Once back at the restaurant, guests will work side-by-side with Chef Massimo to help prepare a three-course lunch using the ingredients from the market. It’s a hands-on experience as he prepares seasonal dishes that highlight the flavors of summer. Lunch is then served in the private Meditation Room with breathtaking red rock views. A cocktail pairing will accompany each dish.
Chef Massimo just wrapped up a similar market tour and lunch series that was hugely successful in Scottsdale for his restaurant, Taggia (located at Kimpton’s FireSky Resort & Spa).
- The Flavors of Sedona with Chef Massimo
- SaltRock Southwest Kitchen (located at Kimpton’s Amara Resort & Spa)
- Sundays in July & August (July 12 and August 16).
- 11:00am – 2:30pm
- Cruise to the local market.
- Shop for local ingredients with Chef Massimo.
- Get hands-on cooking experience.
- For lunch, guests will make an appetizer, entrée and dessert.
- Guests will enjoy lunch with views of the red rocks.
- Paired cocktails will be served with each course.
- $65 per person for up to 10 guests.
- Reservations required by calling 928-340-8821
For information on SaltRock, visit www.saltrockkitchen.com.