If you haven’t been to Cancun, consider it for your next tropical vacation. The beaches are gorgeous and the activities are endless. The great thing about Cancun is you can stay at a resort in the hotel zone or you can stay at a resort that is more secluded in the Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen area.
Top things to do in Cancun
- Relax, relax relax! Layout at the pool, layout at the beach or take a dip in the warm ocean
- Visit the Mayan Ruins. You can see ruins at Chichen Itza or Tulum. The ruins at Tulum overlook the beach.
- Visit a Cenote. These naturally formed sink holes are amazing and you can swim in most of them
- Take a day trip to Isla de Mujeres – a 30 minute boat ride from Cancun. When you get to the island you can rent a golf cart to explore.
- Take a day trip to Playa Del Carmen and/or Cozumel
- Take the bus up the 7 mile hotel zone strip. It’s only $1 each way and a great way to see everything on the main strip. You’ll find restaurants, shopping and nightlife.
- Visit Coco Bongo for a one of a kind show and disco
From Phoenix, Cancun is a 5 hour direct flight.